Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday at Historicon

Sadly, my first game this morning was cancelled, but that left me more time to see the sites and to meet my fellow gamers.  Enjoy.

























I took a tour of the game area where Scott Christian and his band of buccaneers hosted what has to be the most awe-inspiring and visually impressive game ever put on at Historicon. They won "Best in SHow" while we were still playing the game, and for good reason.  They worked really hard for a very long time to make sure we had a great time.  I'll put up another post just about the game, as I took a lot of photos. 







Pokemon gaming!  Audrey woulda loved this.














Here's my first Saturday game, the "Prelude to Vicksburg" run by Miles Reidy, whose blog I've been following for a while.  Amazingly, he painted these 28mm ACW troops after deciding to run the game six months ago.   He's a great guy who believes that fun should be at the core of every game, and he went a long way to make it that way for his players.





Oh, no! Ironclad approaching!








Hey, look!  It's Helms Deep!







Kudo's to the old guys who ran HG Well's "Little Wars," complete with spring-loaded cannon!















No comments: