Monday, November 4, 2013

Voila l'Armée francaise!

 It has been a while since I posted any of my Napoleonics.  Now that I have a sizeable force of Peninsular British, I wanted to paint up some French for them to fight against.  While my club is awash in French, I wanted some of my very own to play with. Besides, it's good to change things up every so often, and compared to the fussy lace on the English uniforms, these guys are a breeze. The legere troops are Hat--not as bad as I expected but definitely guys I will replace someday.  The French line are Perry's and the artillery and cavalry are by Old Glory.   Even though I did not spend a whole lot of time on these troops, I'm getting better at quick shading, which the blue French coats need to add depth and interest. I'm also including a shot of a fountain I created for my Spanish plaza.  My daughter loves the water effect.
 



No comments: